Sorry LeRoy, I have confused you!

I don't have any problem killing a UniVerse task, I prefer to try this
sequence
        "LOGOUT <pid>", then
        "...\uv\bin\kill <pid>", a couple of times - almost always works,
then
        "...\uv\bin\kill -2 <pid>", then
        "...\uv\bin\kill -9 <pid>",  then ONLY AS A LAST RESORT
        Task manager "Kill"

What I can't do is chuck the process into the debugger, because the 'debug'
option in the task manager right-button menu is greyed out.  When I have a
mysteriously-stuck program in the development environment, being able to
throw it into the UniVerse debugger would be really useful: at least I could
find out where it is and what it thinks it is doing.
Maybe a debugger has to be registered for /associated with the process in
some way to make this menu option visible?
Since Wol said he _does_ see 'debug' in UniData, and I don't in UniVerse,
maybe there's something you guys could do in the UV product to make it
happen for us too?  Please :-)

Thanks

Mike