LIST FILE EVAL "@ID * 0.10 '9R3'"

-----Original Message-----
From: Karjala Koponen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 March 2004 15:03
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: EVAL

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/11/2004 8:50:56 AM >>>
Is there a way to assign a justification to an EVAL item other than having
it use the justification of a field used in the formula?  I know you can
assign different formatting and conversion.

EVAL seems to use the formatting and conversion of the first field in the
phrase, so I have entered a field that has nothing to do with the
calculation at hand but has the conversion I want as a first 'sentence' in
the phrase as follows:

EVAL "FIELD_W_DESIRED_CONV;F16 * 0.9" < F17

Since the first 'sentence', FIELD_W_DESIRED_CONV, is not referenced in the
final evaluation it doesn't affect the result, only the conversion used.

Karjala

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and any attachments are
intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential or
privileged information. If you are not the named addressee, or the
person responsible for delivering the message to the named
addressee, please notify the sender as soon as possible and delete
the material from your computer. This message will be protected by
copyright. If it has come to you in error, you must not take any
action based on its contents nor must you copy or show the message
to any person other than the intended recipient.