Dave,

1. Please do not post mvQuery questions to this list. Either send them to
your mvQuery supplier, or to mvquery support.

2. The task manager will show mvQuery as not responding whilst it is waiting
for the server to complete a select or process a record set. This is because
control has passed from the mvQuery client across to the UniLink driver
which is in turn awaiting messages from the server. mvQuery is still
running, and will respond when the selection has completed: but whilst it is
waiting it cannot respond to the task manager. You find the same thing
whenever a Windows application is busy waiting for another component - e.g.
Excel running an ODBC query.

This is usually noticeable when you are running large or complex queries, or
running against a limited server: for large queries we recommend using the
Print Server edition as that does not impact upon the desktop.

Regards,

Brian Leach

This email was checked on leaving Microgen for viruses, similar
malicious code and inappropriate content by MessageLabs SkyScan.

DISCLAIMER

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be
privileged.

If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other
person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information.

In the event of any technical difficulty with this email, please
contact the sender or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Microgen Information Management Solutions
http://www.microgen.co.uk