From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Stu Glancy
Sent: 11 March 2004 21:11
To: U2 Users Discussion List
Subject: Re: Linux kernel params

We are doing similar from HP-UX to Linux 9 (kernel 2.4.20-28.9bigmem)
and
UV 10.0.O to UV 10.1 and found that APP.PROGS LIST.SP.CONF uses unix
command "pg" which does not exist in linux Red Hat.  We did a work
around
by creating a link from pg to more.  This has been reported to IBM and
is
in engineering as ECase 6621.

Stu Glancy
Asset Management Outsourcing, Inc.
Senior Analyst/DBA
770-792-3907

> We are in the process of migrating our Universe app from an HP-UX
system
> to a
> RedHat Linux  (8.0) system.  There did not appear to be any
recommended
> o/s
> changes in the docs (although I did change the max number of open
files).

> Does anyone have any suggested changes?
>
> Thanks,
> Drew
>
> --
> Drew Henderson                         "There are two types of people
-
> Dir. for Computer Center Operations     those who do the work and
those
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]             who take the credit. Try to be
>                                         in the first group, there is
> 110 Ginger Hall                         less competition."
> Morehead State University                               Indira Ghandi
> Morehead, KY  40351
> Phone: 606/783-2445   Fax: 606/783-5078

This transmission is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain private and
confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must not act on
anything disclosed in it, nor must you copy it, modify it, disseminate it in any way,
or show it to anyone. Please e-mail the sender to inform us of the transmission error
or telephone ECA International immediately and delete the e-mail from your information
system.

Telephone numbers for ECA International offices are: Sydney +61 (0)2 9911 7799, Hong
Kong + 852 2121 2388, London +44 (0)20 7351 5000 and New York +1 212 582 2333.