All Righty, then!  Just for grins, here's an alternative:

SPECIAL.PARTS = SPECIAL.REC<12>
POS = 0
SPECIAL.FROM.QTY.TEMP = 0
REMOVE SPECIAL.PART.NBR FROM SPECIAL.PARTS SETTING MORE.PARTS
   POS += 1
   IF SPECIAL.PART.NBR = PART.NBR THEN
      SPECIAL.FROM.QTY = SPECIAL.REC<14, POS>
      IF SPECIAL.FROM.QTY < QTY.REQUESTED AND SPECIAL.FROM.QTY >=
SPECIAL.FROM.QTY.TEMP THEN
         TEMP.POS = POS
         SPECIAL.FROM.QTY.TEMP = SPECIAL.FROM.QTY
      END
   END
WHILE MORE.PARTS DO
REPEAT
DATA.OUT = OCONV(SPECIAL.REC<16, TEMP.POS>, MDP) "R#12"
RETURN

Have fun!

Jeff Fitzgerald
Fitzgerald & Long, Inc.