  From: Joe Eugene
  To: U2 Users Discussion List
  Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2004 7:24 PM
  Subject: RE: Modern Universe - was: The lists are closing

  PICK is LEGACY Technology and does NOT Support alot of advanced
  level computing we have today. I belive PICK is Similiar to Legacy DB2
  that used ISAM type of DataBases Access. Even IBM has moved DB2 (Now UDB)
  to a completly relational architecture.

  I belive some of the below are good reasons to Migrate to
  MainStream (Top 3 - DB2/Oracle/MSSQL etc) Databases.

  1. UV has Little/NO support for Emerging Technologies(XML/XQuery/XSLT/WML etc)
  2. UV is Not supported in Most Integration Enterprise Software (SAP/PeopleSoft)
  3. UV is Not efficient compared to highly evolved databases(DB2/Oracle)
  4. UV Folks seem to use PICK, which is Not Compatible with many of
     of the Current Advanced Technologies and Techniques.
  5. UV is very SLOW, TOO Procedural and Not the right tool for
      an OLTP Environment.

  It would be nice if IBM provided a Package to convert all UV Stuff to
  IBM DB2 and perhaps provide some kinda code converter to convert
  all pick stuff to DB2 Stored Procs or Java Native Compiled Procedures.
  I belive this would be ideal and would help corportations intergrate
  systems easily.

  Joe Eugene