We have a problem with a piece of code that we have been debugging all
day so far with no progress.

A transaction process runs through the same bit of code several times
without a problem, then for no 'apparent' reason (I guess there is one
there some-where) the programme kicks up with:

Abnormal Termination of UniVerse.

Fault type is 4.  Layer type is BASIC run machine

Fault occurred in BASIC program <prog name> at address 5004.

Can anyone tell me what this fault means - if anything?

We have re-compiled the code, checked all the data files for corruptions
and thrown it into debug - unfortunately because we cannot re-create the
problem consistently, it may take hours still to find the exact place
where it crashes.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Mike