From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Steve Mayo
Sent: Friday, 2 April 2004 05:52
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: (no subject)

Greetings one and all,

I am trying to put together a demo application using UniObject for Java. I
would like to be able to create a statement that selects names that start
with "SMI". In Unibasic I would use the following statement:

SELECT UBFMSTR WITH LAST.NAME = "SMI]"

The Java statement I used is:

uCommand.setCommand ("SELECT UBFMSTR WITH LAST.NAME = ""SMI]""")

and

uCommand.setCommand ("SELECT UBFMSTR WITH LAST.NAME = 'SMI]'")

and

uCommand.setCommand ("SELECT UBFMSTR WITH LAST.NAME = \"SMI]\"")

all to no avail. The first two get syntax errors and the last one seems to
run be it returns nothing. There are over 300 records that start with SMI.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

TIA,

Steve Mayo
Software Engineer

The information contained in this Internet Email message is intended
for the addressee only and may contain privileged information, but not
necessarily the official views or opinions of the New Zealand Defence Force.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or
distribute this message or the information in it.

If you have received this message in error, please Email or telephone
the sender immediately.