Kevin,

We had the same problem when migrating UV from DEC in one data center to
HP managed in another data center, even though it was a honking big HP.

The sys admins configured memory memory similar to how their 20 other
unix machines were set up.  The trick was to configure most memory for
shared data, so that the large UV files used most of the day pretty much
stay in memory all the time.

I have no personal experience managing unix memory, but these guys did,
for Informix, Oracle, etc, and they see UV as acting very differently
(well, "weird" was their exact word) from all other DBMSs they have
managed.

Once the memory allocation was resolved, the new system screamed as
expected.

Give it a try,
Chuck Stevenson