From: "Shawn Waldie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 1:48 PM

> I need some clarification.
>
> Given the following:
>
> X.DIR   = "X.HOME.WALDIES"; * the VOC item 'X.HOME.WALDIES' is a
> pointer to /home/waldies
> X.FILE  = "SRW_TEST_SEQ.txt"
>
> OPENSEQ X.DIR,X.FILE TO FV.SEQ THEN
>   WEOFSEQ FV.SEQ
> ELSE
> END
>

> Upon a successful open of X.DIR at X.FILE, will the WEOFSEQ erase
> everything in X.DIR starting with X.FILE, including other files that may
> exist under - positionally - X.FILE?  Or is it just suppose to "clear"
> anything that might be contained in X.FILE?
<snip>

You *didn't* open X.DIR.  You opened sequentiall X.FILE within X.DIR onto
filepointer FV.SEQ.

As a sidenote, all actions that you take using FV.SEQ must be sequential
actions such as WRITESEQ, WEOFSEQ, CLOSESEQ.  I'm not sure what would happen
if you used a normal WRITE or CLOSE statement on that filepointer, I hope
and suspect the program would bomb.