Yes, yes, you can chalk that up to us, the U2UG Board (of self-appointed
volunteers) struggling with lots of work of late (including colorful and
passionate discussions about forums).

Given our unanticipated short-timeframe project with a need to migrate
u2-users to a new platform, under "new management" by the end of this month,
using only volunteer hardware, software, and personnel, we opted to keep the
technical discussions to this u2-users list, rather than continuing
discussions on the very new forums, thus retaining a single archive for
folks to search, and many other reasons.

The notice of the immediate removal of the technical forums was placed
following discussion in our meeting yesterday and there were both technical
and practical reasons for handling it that way.  Apologies if the approach
we took caused any problems.

Feel free to chat in the other forums on u2ug.org.  We're still green and in
the "launching phase" of the U2UG organization, but stay tuned 'cause good
things are happening and we'll be getting more information out to the
community soon.

Cheers!  --dawn

Dawn M. Wolthuis
Tincat Group, Inc.