> > And for the not so faint of heart, jBASE provides the capability to roll
> > your own driver(s) to transform your MV database definition into the
relational
> > database without using the jEDI development kit.
> >
> > Tom Firl
> > Columbia Ultimate
>
> And I can use my shoe as a hammer, but of course it doesn't work so well
that
> way.

The drivers can be written in BASIC... so any programmer can do it.  But, in the
context of using DB2 (or some other relational database) as the application's primary
data store, writing those drivers in C or C++ will probably yield a little better
throughput.  You also don't get the other bells and whistles included in the jEDI
development kit.

Tom Firl
Columbia Ultimate