From: "Martin Scholl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: UD: Converting static files into Dynamic

> Is there an easy way to convert static files into dynamic files?
> I just found that one file, that I created as static tends to grow
> large.  I want to shield my customers from and DBA work and rather have
> them as dynamic.
> UD 6.0 on Windows

The memresize command works very well at this.  See the Unidata commands
manual.  I am assuming you have determined whether you want DYNAMIC KEYONLY
or DYNAMIC KEYDATA, and are aware that you will still want to resize the
file periodically, because dynamic files (at least in Unidata, don't know
about UV) tend to grow but only shrink if the file is cleared or resized.

Suggestion: don't forget the MEMORY parameter on the memresize - it really
helps speed up the process!

Susan M. Lynch
F.W. Davison & Company, Inc.