Clarify.  Are you talking about *within* the mv environment? Or an outside app?

Accuterm has the ability to recognize where a mouse-click is in regards to (col, row).
 This is the same col, row that PRINT @ uses.  Now if your mv programs have a single,
standard INPUT subroutine then you can simply modify that subroutine.

So your modification would look something like
If I.am.using.accuterm then
   if mouseclick then
      get.location; determine.which.field; reset fieldno = this.field
      redo.input = true; return
   end
end else
   input xxx
end

Or something along those lines.
I have only seen one application package that integrated this ability, however, the
screen drivers it built allowed the user to point-and-click and enter data into any
field in any order on the screen.  It was then up to the programmer to ensure that
intra-field dependencies were properly handled.  But it was certainly a good start.

Is that what you meant?
Will