From: "Foo Chia Teck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Reply Performance Degraded running u10.0.0 in Aix 5.2 ML 2
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:39:32 +0800

Hi all,

There have 180 user license, some of them are using vb application (about 15 uvcs), 20 uv-net connection, about 60 telnet connection and 20 of fixed tty dump terminal users.

Some of the user are using SAME user id to login to universe is that will cost the issue ?

I have double up the swap spaces from 4gb to 8gb. but i still having the performance degraded issue. below is the usages of swap spaces before and after increment. The user claim that the system starting slow after 48 hours, so the mis guys have to restart universe every 48 hours.

[ServerX1]:/>lsps -a
Page Space Physical Volume Volume Group Size %Used Active Auto Type
hd6 hdisk0 rootvg 4096MB 1 yes yes lv

[ServerX1]:/>lsps -a
Page Space Physical Volume Volume Group Size %Used Active Auto Type
paging00 hdisk0 rootvg 4096MB 1 yes yes lv
hd6 hdisk0 rootvg 4096MB 1 yes yes lv

The above output showing that the system only using 1% of the swap spaces even i have increase the size to 8gb. Is that any uvconfig parameter that i need to configure to "tell universe" that i have 8gb of swap spaces.

tty: tin tout avg-cpu: % user % sys % idle % iowait
53.7 5451.7 24.9 75.1 0.0 0.0

Disks:        % tm_act     Kbps      tps    Kb_read   Kb_wrtn
hdisk1           0.0       0.0       0.0          0         0
hdisk0           0.0       0.0       0.0          0         0
hdisk3           0.0       0.0       0.0          0         0
hdisk2          27.9     116.4      35.8          4       113
hdisk5           0.0       0.0       0.0          0         0
hdisk4          28.9     112.4      34.8          0       113
cd0              0.0       0.0       0.0          0         0

Above is the output of iostat. hdisk2 & hdisk4 are configured as RAID5 with 64k of strips and mirrored each other.

Please advise,
thank you