> Is there a way of checking to see if a variable is an opened file
> variable?
> I can check if it is alpha, numeric, assigned and unassigned but I cannot
> find anywhere where I can determine a filevar type.

isFilevar = (descrinfo(1,PARMS(n)) = 4)

This email message and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of addressed recipient(s). If you have
received this email in error please notify the Spotless IS Support Centre (61 3 9269
7555) immediately who will advise further action.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses.