What I have done in the past is concatenate the 2 translates together. One trans being blank and the other having valid data. You need to make a whole set of dicts that do the double-reads in one file-dict or the other. Then, use it as your primary file for the listing. The only problem is when the data exists in both files. But at least then you will get twice the data. It stands out pretty well if you want to spot problems.

HTH

R. Bruce Lunt
408.832.1900 cell

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: U2 Users Discussion List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Memo:  RE: [UD] Union Query
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:49:46 +0100

Hi Ed,

You could test for the record existing in one file and if it does use the
dict for that file otherwise use the dict for the other file:

TRANS("FILE.A",ID,1,"X"); IF @1 <> '' THEN FILEA.NAME ELSE FILEB.NAME

where FILEA.NAME returns the name from FILE.A and FILEB.NAME returns the
name for FILE.B

this is all off the top of my head, but it should work.....

hth

asvin

"Burwell, Edward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 30 Apr 2004 16:33

Please respond to U2 Users Discussion List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]