In a message dated 4/30/2004 2:07:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> What we have is a case where an open file error may occur and we need to
> have the user go back into a menu, but we do not want them to see the
> error. Problem is that the error is waiting for user input to continue and
> user thinks the session is hung up or locked, or they start hitting
> returns and log themselves off. If we can tell we are in capturing output,
> we can force the session to end the capture and return to a
> menu.

Isn't one of the SYSTEM() values the number of nested execute levels?
If so, you could check if the level is higher then zero and if so, within the target
program, you could have it act differently.  For example doing a STOP or ABORT instead
of an INPUT.
Will