From: Horacio Pellegrino [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 3:36 PM
To: U2 Users Discussion List
Subject: Re: UVODBC/OleDB job Randomly hang

I've seen that in older versions of ODBC and OleDB
clients, I suggest you to update to the latest one.

 --- Bob Gerrish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió: >

> I have a client running AIX, UniVerse 9.5.1.1 and
> UVODBC 3.7 which they are
> connecting to via .NET / OleDB.  They see occasional
> hangs from their
> DataReader and consequently, kill their process and
> reissue a query.  Now
> we are seeing some hangs on the UniVerse side such
> that UniVerse
> performance is greatly degraded and interactive
> users cannot log in.  When
> this happens, they have been forced to restart
> UniVerse.
>
> They have a uvodbc user set up that is called via
> the .NET calls.  Most of
> the processes are owned by the user uvodbc, however,
> the common thread is
> that there are a number that are owned by root.
> They are the processes
> that tend to be the ones that hang about especially
> when the system slows
> down.
>
> Has anyone seen this sort of behavior, any
> suggestions?
>

> Thanks,
> Bob Gerrish  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> --

ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN
INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER
APPLICABLE LAW. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible fordelivering the message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, and delete the
original message immediately. For more information, please visit
http://www.bakerlaw.com.  Thank you.