From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ken Wallis
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 3:15 AM
To: 'U2 Users Discussion List'
Subject: RE: [UD] Union Query

Gordon J. Glorfield wrote:

> In that case, I'm sorry to say, there is no way to logically do what
> you're asking with UD.

Gordon, you should now better! ;^)

sql> SELECT NAME ADDRESS CITY STATE ZIP FROM ORDER_FILE UNION SELECT
sql> NAME
ADDRESS CITY STATE ZIP FROM ORDER_FILE_OTHER;

All you need here Ed is a VOC pointer to each file that is SQL compatible -
ie no "." dots etc.

There is no need to build a schema or set up ODBC or do anything complicated
in UniData just to query a file with SQL from the command line.

Cheers,

Ken