Most don't care if the market goes up or down - they make money either
way. They use charts sparingly.
All top traders do is manage their risk and take advantage of the only
truths of the market - the ONLY absolute truths of the market.
For stocks that ONE Absolute Truth is this...
1) All stocks fluctuate in price.
For options there are two Absolute Truths...
1) All options fluctuate in price and
2) All options expire.
The top traders learn to respect these rules because they are the ONLY
truths of the market.
You might think there are other truths but there aren't.
Everything you hear about the market outside these 2 rules is hearsay,
opinion, commentary and even complete fantasy.
Of course you will never hear anyone on CNBC even mention these 2
rules because they would have nothing to report!
Can you imagine Maria Bartiromo saying, "Prices fluctuated today. Have
a nice evening everyone! I'm outta here!"
I don't think so...
So the top traders respect these rules because they are so powerful
and it helps them cut through the 'market noise'.
Then they design their trading business around these rules to TAKE
ADVANTAGE of them.
Once they see an opportunity they jump on it and simply manage their
business 'by the numbers' and, for me it takes 15 minutes - sometimes
less - a day.
http://tabscxps.blogspot.com/#