NEC Labs Europe's Data Analytics group is looking for research scientists
to  develop and implement machine learning algorithms with real-world
impact. We are an international team of researchers with a track record of
producing top research (published at ICML, NIPS, KDD, SIGCOMM, WWW, UAI)
and innovative data-driven products in and outside of NEC.

The current focus of the group is on neural network based learning. We work
on novel methods for structured data (sequences, graphs, knowledge graphs)
including unsupervised and semi-supervised learning as well as deep
learning for multi-modal data.

We work closely with NEC’s business units on internal research projects and
participate in European R&D projects with industrial and academic partners.
In addition, we have collaborations with the German Cancer Research Center
in Heidelberg.

You will write papers and patents to document your accomplishments and
present your work at international conferences. English is the working
language in the lab. If you are excited about machine learning and ways to
bring ML technologies to impact products and services, you should apply.

More information about our research group and a list of recent publications
is available at https://goo.gl/WhB3uA

Requirements:

** PhD or PhD candidate in computer science or a related field

** A publication record at ML/AI conferences (e.g., ICML, KDD, WWW, WSDM,
UAI, NIPS, etc.).

** Programming proficiency in languages such as Python, C/C++, and Java

** Familiarity with deep learning frameworks and GPUs is a plus (we
maintain our own GPU cluster)

NEC Laboratories in Heidelberg (Germany) provides an excellent working
environment supporting individual creativity as well as strong teamwork.
Heidelberg is a vibrant and multicultural city situated on the Neckar river
in south-west Germany close the to Swiss and French borders. About 150,000
people live in the city and it is home to Heidelberg University, the oldest
and top-ranked university in Germany. Heidelberg is a popular tourist
destination due to its picturesque cityscape. In addtition to NEC Labs
Europe and the research centers and institutes of the university, there are
numerous research institutions such as the European Molecular Biology
Laboratory (EMBL), the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), and the Max
Planck Institute for Medical Research. Heidelberg is close to the
headquarters of several international cooperations such as SAP, one of the
largest software companies in the world, which is located 10 miles outside
of the city center.

Please send your application by October 31st, 2017 electronically via the
applications web system http://www.neclab.eu/jobs with reference to
[1708-261-NSDA]. If you want to know more about the position and NEC Labs
Europe, please do not hesitate to contact Mathias Niepert.