|                                                 |
|        Architectures and Evaluation for         |
|      Generality, Autonomy & Progress in AI      |
|       Workshop @ Federated AI Meeting 2018      |
|                                                 |
|       July 13/14/15 in Stockholm, Sweden        |
|                                                 |
|       paper submission deadline April 26        |
|                                                 |
|     http://cadia.ru.is/workshops/aegap2018/
<https://aegap2018-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1PF4nB4gzKlnP77SsflglSYzasyCOZzeqe_dodGqmDD4-0&key=YAMMID-46026434&link=http%3A%2F%2Fcadia.ru.is%2Fworkshops%2Faegap2018%2F>

|                                                 |
|          Contact:  aegap2...@gmail.com          |
|                                                 |

The Joint Workshop on Architectures and Evaluation for Generality, Autonomy
and Progress in AI (AEGAP) focuses on our field's original grand dream: the
creation of cognitive autonomous agents with general intelligence that
matches (or exceeds) that of humans. We want AI that understands its users
and their values so it we can form beneficial and satisfying relationships
with them.

We welcome regular papers, short papers, demo papers about benchmarks or
tools, and position papers, and encourage discussions over a broad list of
topics. As AEGAP is the result of a merger between the Third Workshop on
Evaluating Generality and Progress in Artificial Intelligence (EGPAI), the
Second Workshop on Architectures for Generality & Autonomy (AGA) and the
First Workshop on General AI Architecture of Emergence and Autonomy (AAEA),
we are interested in submissions on both evaluation and architectures
(but not limited to):

EVALUATION:

 * Analysis, comparisons and proposals of AI/ML benchmarks and competitions.
   Lessons learnt.
 * Theoretical or experimental accounts of the space of tasks, abilities
and
   their dependencies.
 * Tasks and methods for evaluating: transfer learning, cognitive growth,
   development, cumulative learning, structural self-modification and
   self-programming.
 * Conceptualisations and definitions of generality or abstraction in AI /
ML
   systems.
 * Unified theories for evaluating intelligence and other cognitive
   abilities, independently of the kind of subject (humans, animals or
   machines): universal psychometrics.
 * Evaluation of conversational bots, dialogue systems and personal
assistants.
 * Evaluation of common sense, reasoning, understanding, causal relations.
 * Evaluation of multi-agent systems in competitive and cooperative
   scenarios, evaluation of teams, approaches from game theory.
 * Better understanding of the characterisation of task requirements and
   difficulty (energy, time, trials needed...), beyond algorithmic
   complexity. Item generation. Item Response Theory (IRT).
 * Evaluation of AI systems using generalised cognitive tests for humans.
   Computer models taking IQ tests. Psychometric AI.
 * Assessment of replicability, reproducibility and openness in AI / ML
   systems.
 * Evaluation methods for multiresolutional perception in AI systems and
   agents. Analysis of progress scenarios, AI progress forecasting,
   associated risks.

ARCHITECTURES:

 * Analysis of requirements for autonomy and generality
 * Design proposals for cognitive architectures targeting generality and/or
   autonomy
 * Complex layered networked systems and architectures
 * Synergies between AI approaches
 * Integration of top-down and bottom-up approaches (e.g. logic-based and
   neural-inspired)
 * Emergence of (symbolic) logic from neural networks
 * New programming languages relevant to generality and autonomy
 * New methodologies relevant to generality and autonomy
 * New architectural principles relevant to generality and autonomy
 * Complex (e.g. layered, hierarchical or recursive) network architectures
   for generality and autonomy
 * New theoretical insights relevant to generality and autonomy
 * Motivation (intrinsic, extrinsic) for enabling autonomous behavior
   selection and learning
 * Analysis of the potential and limitations of existing approaches
 * Methods to achieve general ((super)human-like) performance
 * Methods for epigenetic development
 * Baby machines and experience-based, continuous, online learning
 * Seed-based programming and self-programming
 * Education for systems with general intelligence and high levels of
autonomy
 * Understanding and comprehension
 * Reasoning and common-sense
 * Acquisition of causal models
 * Cumulative knowledge acquisition
 * Curiosity, emotion and motivation for enabling autonomous behavior and
   knowledge acquisition
 * Meta-planning, reflection and self-improvement
 * Principles of swarm intelligence for generality and autonomy

Papers should be between 2 and 12 pages (excluding references) and describe
the authors' original work in full (no extended abstracts). Papers will be
subjected to peer-review and can be accepted for oral presentation and/or
poster presentation. For papers that have previously been submitted to
IJCAI
and rejected, we ask authors to append the reviews and their responses to
aid
our review process.

Proposals for Demonstrations should be accompanied with a 2-page
description
for inclusion in the workshop's pre-proceedings. Examples include, but are
not limited to: (interactively) demonstrating new tests or benchmarks, or
the
performance of a robot, (cognitive) architecture or design methodology.

Oral presentations should be given by one of the authors during one of the
Contributed Talks Sessions. Posters and demonstrations will be presented
during the Demonstrations and Posters Session. Accepted papers will be
gathered into a volume of pre-proceedings and published on this website
before
the workshop. We are looking into the possibility of producing a special
issue
for an archival journal.

Submission should be made before the deadline on April 26th.

Please refer to our website for detailed information on how to submit a
paper:
http://cadia.ru.is/workshops/aegap2018/
<https://aegap2018-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1PF4nB4gzKlnP77SsflglSYzasyCOZzeqe_dodGqmDD4-0&key=YAMMID-46026434&link=http%3A%2F%2Fcadia.ru.is%2Fworkshops%2Faegap2018%2F>

-------------
| Key Dates |
-------------

* Due date:             April 26
* Notification date:    May 21

----------------
| Organization |
----------------
 * Satoshi Kurihara              University of Electro-Communications
 * Kenji Doya                    Okinawa Institute for Science and
Technology
 * Itsuki Noda                   National Institute of Advanced Industrial
                                 Science and Technology
 * Hiroaki Wagatsuma             Kyushu Institute of Technology
 * Tadahiro Taniguchi            Ritsumeikan University
 * Hiroshi Yamakawa              University of Tokyo &
                                 Dwango AI Lab
 * Kristinn R. Thórisson         Reykjavik University &
                                 Icelandic Institute for Intelligent
Machines
 * Pei Wang                      Temple University
 * Claes Strannegård             Chalmers University of Technology &
                                 University of Gothenburg
 * Antonio Chella                University of Palermo
 * Lola Cañamero                 University of Hertfordshire
 * Jordi Bieger                  Delft University of Technology &
                                 Reykjavik University
 * José Hernández-Orallo         Technical University of Valencia
 * Seán Ó hÉigeartaigh           Centre for the Study of Existential Risk,
 University of Cambridge
 * Nader Chmait                  Victoria University
 * Fernando Martínez-Plumed      Technical University of Valencia
 * Shahar Avin                   Centre for the Study of Existential Risk,
                                 University of Cambrdige