I am pleased to announce that the Department of Intelligent Systems at
TU Delft, The Netherlands, can offer a postdoc position, as part of an
ERC-funded research project, "INLFUENCE: Influence-based decision-making
in uncertain environments".

Closing date: September 17.

*Project description:*

INFLUENCE is situated in the intersection of machine learning,
reinforcement learning and multiagent systems. The aim of the project is
to investigate how to scale up methods for automated decision making for
complex systems.

In particular, we will focus on using machine learning techniques to
learn representations of 'influence' (e.g. how certain parts of the
system affect other parts), and using such representations to scale up
decision making. INFLUENCE will focus on two problems domains:
-coordinated control of traffic lights in a large city
-autonomous warehousing with teams of robots
(But also other domains can be considered).

Currently I am recruiting for the following position:

*
*

*Postdoc in Influence-based Abstraction, Learning and Coordinatio**n*
*(3 years)*

This position will focus on algorithmic and theoretical aspects of
decision making under uncertainty and multiagent learning and
coordination. The candidate should have an excellent track record in the
general area of machine learning, reinforcement learning or planning
under uncertainty, as evidenced by publications at top-tier venues, and
should have demonstrable experience in theoretical analysis of
algorithms (e.g., proving approximation or sample bounds).

Full requirements and application instructions:

https://www.academictransfer.com/en/46318/postdoc-in-influence-based-abstraction-learning-and-coordination/

*More information:*

For more information, please see:
https://www.fransoliehoek.net/wp/vacancies/
<https://www.fransoliehoek.net/wp/vacancies/>

(in addition to the aforementioned post-specific URLs.)

Informal inquiries are welcome and can be directed to myself:
Dr. Frans Oliehoek <f.a.olieh...@tudelft.nl
<mailto:f.a.olieh...@tudelft.nl>>.

I would be grateful if you could forward this message to suitable
candidates.

Best regards,
-Frans Oliehoek