FYI, this is about using fuzzy-related tools to deal with uncertainty in AI

________________________________

From: Ralph Baker Kearfott <rbk5...@louisiana.edu>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 8:38 AM
              Second Call for Papers and Special Sessions

       2019 INTERNATIONAL FUZZY SYSTEMS ASSOCIATION WORLD CONGRESS
                             and the
2019 NORTH AMERICAN FUZZY INFORMATION PROCESSING SOCIETY  ANNUAL MEETING
                           Jun3 18-22, 2019
                          Lafayette, Louisiana

Hosted by the North American association, this biennial event brings
together participants from all national and regional fuzzy system
associations.

IFSA-NAFIPS 2019 will be hosted at the Wyndham Garden near
Vermilion Bayou in Lafayette, Louisiana, the center of Cajun culture and
cuisine.  Topics will include implementation and applications of fuzzy
information processing technology, associated mathematical analysis,
comparison with alternative rough set, statistical, and interval
techniques, and, generally, other topics related to fuzzy sets.
Further information can be  found at:

             https://interval.louisiana.edu/IFSA-NAFIPS/

This conference will be held a week before the New Orleans FUZZ-IEEE
conference.  New Orleans is 140 miles (225 kilometers) from Lafayette,
a 2.5 hour drive, from Lafayette, and we plan to arrange post-conference
charter buses from Lafayette to New Orleans.  Participants will thus
have leverage to double their professional and cultural experience.

We now have information about keynote speakers, at
    https://interval.louisiana.edu/IFSA-NAFIPS/KeynoteLectures.html

We have extended our deadline for special session proposals
to December 1, 2018.  To propose a special session, send the following
to r...@louisiana.edu:
     1. Title of the special session
     2. A short abstract
     3. A list of speakers
The special session format is somewhat flexible.  Each session will
last 160 minutes, and typically will have four or five speakers
focused on the stated topic.

Submission of contributed papers is also open until
January 15, 2019.  Contributors may
specify whether they wish a traditional lecture format or
a poster presentation.  For details, see:
    https://interval.louisiana.edu/IFSA-NAFIPS/PaperGuidelines.html

Registration will be open very soon.

Please address questions, comments, or problems to:
    r...@louisiana.edu