From: ubnt_users-boun...@wispa.org [ubnt_users-boun...@wispa.org] on behalf of
Phil Curnutt [pcurn...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2014 1:18 PM
To: Ubiquiti Users Group
Subject: Re: [Ubnt_users] AF5 distance

We have one at 12.5 miles and it reports Rx Capacity at 213 Mbps, but I don't
know what that translate to reality.  That is a 50 MHz channel width at 5800
MHz with signal levels around -65 and a noise level of about -92.  We are
having difficulty maintaining that 213, it wants to switch back and fourth to
110.  Ran some AirView's yesterday to see what the spectrum looks like and it
is not good.  The only clear area's are DFS off limits and all of the rest of
the spectrum from 5400 to 5900 has at least a 20 MHz channel width AP on it
already.

Phil

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Robert Haas