The UBNT Connector is gold plated and your connectors are probably tin
plated.  Make sure you are using real CAT5/CAT6 connectors, not the cheap
stuff from China.  If the pins are not gold plated you will have galvanic
corrosion at the contact points and this will exhibit exactly what you are
describing.

We use the EZ-RJ45 shielded connector with external ground from
Techtoolsupply.  There are expensive but very easy for the techs in the
field to get a perfect installation every time.  We wrap the ground wire
around the external grounding point.

We also use dielectric grease on all outside connection as we have a high
level of salt in the air near the beach.

Jay

Dslx.net