This is  another great reason why your management should be separate from
your customer traffic.
You should be managing your CPE's either untagged and their internet data
tagged (this is what we do) or in more simple cases, tagged management and
untagged data. I would never let a management IP be set by DHCP (even for
the CPE) but the customer router (or CPE in router mode) get's it's public
IP via DHCP. (over a tagged vlan)

I know many people who are doing it, I know it works but if the only way
you access the CPE is by the same address the customer uses to get internet
access, thats a huge security risk to your network. Additionally if you're
using public IP's to manage your CPE's that's an even larger risk unless
you are taking care to do some hefty filtering at the edge of the network.
Even then your customers could still get to each other.

Take the time to design your network so that you know exactly where and who
has access to what.

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 12:32 AM, CBB - Jay Fuller <
par...@cyberbroadband.net> wrote:

> The fallback ip was only received after the DHCP request failed - but
> since each radio had the "default ip" they were all on the same ip

C: 806.231.7180