I almost nevr install via the software center, so do not know commands for
checking dependencies from there.
I'd make sure that I removed the extra packages . In a terminal or console run
apt-cache depends lubuntu-desktop or what ever the original thing
you installed was called. You can pipe the output to a textfile for later use.
Then see if you still have any of those deps installed, but as far as I know
what you want to get rid of is  lxdm.
dpkg -l|grep lxdm
and see if it returns anything II means that a given pkg is installed.
sudo apt-get purge for anything lubuntu specific to remove...
Then reconfigure lightdm. Actually, it may have been removed as a conflicting
package when you installed lubuntu stuff, so use dpkg -l to see if you
have it still, and if not reinstall it. I hope nothing else required by  a
standard unity install was removed.
It's worth checking log files to see exactly what was done if you still have
trouble.
--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886