The librecalc problem is real and this is on sonargnulinux with orca 3.20 too. However I was able to enter a formula into a cell and had librecalc talking afterwards. I hit the enter key after entering my formula which is why something a little different happened to me.

When I did that I ended up on a blank cell below the formula. Hitting up arrow messed up speech once that was done and I suspect minimized librecalc incorrectly. What I was able to do though was to move one cell to the right with rightarrow then uparrow to the top of the spreadsheet then leftarrow once then downarrow to hear the data entered and the formula below it with the result spoken as well in the cell where I inserted the formula. Something is clearly dodgey in librecalc for any of this to be happening.

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016, Milton wrote:

Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 03:46:49
From: Milton <mil...@tomaatnet.nl>
To: "ubuntu-accessibility@lists.ubuntu.com"
    <ubuntu-accessibility@lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: installing 16.04 with Orca LibreOffice Calc stops working

Hi,

I installed 16.04 with Orca on a laptop with 2 GB RAM and I notice Orca 3.18.2. During the installation Orca stops speaking when I had to schoose a region. A sighted person cliked on the Next button and after that I could finisch the installation successfully. I also installed the GNOME Metacity and noticed that the notification menubar in the top richt corner of the screen is now accessible with Orca bij using Control+Alt+Tab and after the Tab and arrow keys. When using LibreOffice Calc: Orca stops speaking as soon as I insert a formula in a cel for example =25+30
At the same time I can work further with Orca using other applications.
I will wait for updates to have the best of Orca and 16.04. Thanks.
Milton