Try control-shift-tab then hit leftarrow a few times and see what happens.

On Thu, 5 May 2016, Milton wrote:

Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 09:30:58
From: Milton <mil...@tomaatnet.nl>
To: "ubuntu-accessibility@lists.ubuntu.com"
    <ubuntu-accessibility@lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 16.04 with Ubuntu Mate is it possible?

I found an answer to my question. After I followed the instructions on:
https://websetnet.com/nl/install-mate-desktop-environment-ubuntu-1604-ubuntu-1510/

I did not notice any changes. So I did:
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-mate-core ubuntu-mate-desktop

and then I found in the session menu Mate. I login with Mate and have Orca running. I cannot access the applet menubar in the upper right corner of the screen to connect with wifi.
I can get to the botom bar with Control+Alt_Escape.
Alt+F1 takes me to the upperleft with applications, Location and System.
Thanks.
Milton