There's usually a github.com url that ends with gpodder shown.  If
that's the case, git clone url.  It will make a gpodder subdirectory.
Go into that subdirectory and find a file called README.md and read that
file for building instructions.  Follow those and you should be good to
go.
Another option may be podget.  You run that on the command line once for
it to set up on your system.
Once done go into the .podget subdirectory and look at a file called
servicelist.  Learn the formats in that file and you can start adding to
it with a text editor the podcasts you want to download.  The basic
format is simple, url followed by a space followed by category followed
by a space followed by podcast title.  There's a man page with podget
which should help.

With gpodder if like me you live on the command line most of the time
there's a gpo command for that.  You get gpodder running on the command
line with that one.