sudo dmesg >dmesg.log then less dmesg.log to read that one.  That shows
everything that happened once you've logged in.  Something else useful to
do every so often is dmesg|grep -i fatal >dmesgfat.log dmesg|grep -i error
>dmesgerr.log and dmesg|grep -i warn >dmesgwrn.log.  This gives you three
smaller log files all of which can be checked with wc -l dmesgerr.log.  If
zero comes back you got no errors a higher number tells you to look at
that log.  Same deal with dmesgfat.log and dmesgwrn.log.