On Thu, 2006-01-06 at 14:26 +0200, Michiel Sikma wrote:
> Don't we have yet to decide exactly which direction we're
> going to take with Edgy? Like I've said before, I don't think it's a
> good idea to start exclaiming what to do next out loud just now.

Paris is going to lead to a hard direction.  Paris happens the 19th
to the 24th if anyone doesn't know.  From there, the information
will flow transparently and freely.  Hopefully everyone will start
fleshing out that Wiki so that it is a better bastion of information.

> All the times I've tried to get people who don't really know much
> about designing get involved with any work, whether it's print, web
> or art, I've been let down because even though you'd expect those
> people to be able to give a fully unbiased review from an outsider's
> point of view, they really just will either approve or disprove of
> whatever you've made based on ridiculous criteria.

Most people without any formal knowledge or training will respond
in a very visceral manner.  That's the nature of the beast.
If you don't have a fundamental knowledge of the concrete low-level
issues regarding artistic issues, you lack the language to discuss
the items effectively.