On 9/8/06, Troy James Sobotka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-07-09 at 12:43 -0400, Nathan Eckenrode wrote:
> > Perhaps this is not what people are looking for to streamline the
> process, but
> > it makes sense to me that if the developers of code base have a cvs
> > maintain code, then the developers of the distribution's artwork needs
> > system which allows the artists to compare the changes to a piece of
> art in a
> > visual manner and make decisions on which to make collaborative
> > contributions.
>
> I think you are on the money.  This is exactly the
> kind of tool we require.  The process needs to show a
> more evolutionary progression.  Diverse artwork in a
> plethora of different styles / looks isn't that useful
> to a product that seeks a more polished look.
>
> I believe imbrandon has something mocked up with a
> Drupal based CMS, but perhaps he could chime in here
> and offer up what he has done.

I agree too - I am forever making huge contact sheets of my work for
posting to the wiki so that the evolution is clear and peopel can
comment on different stages of the process. A usefull system for me
would be the ability to sumit many versions of a specific piece of
work, have it tile them, make a slideshow, order them and allow each
individual one to be commented on and discussed...

Jono Bacon had some thoughts about making it easier for creative
people to contribute:
http://www.jonobacon.org/?p=740

Who