On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 15:05 +0100, Mirco Müller wrote:
> Greetings Chuck!
<snip>
> The face-browser can be disabled, of course. It's only new that is will
> be enabled by default.

OK, this was my main point and I wasn't sure whether your GDM theme
would be able to work as a face-browser and non face-browser.
> > That said, your design looks excellent and it would be a shame to let 1
> > out of a 100 machines slow your progress.  Therefore would it be
> > possible to have your face chooser put(non-scrolling) Ubuntu artwork in
> > place of the faces via an option?  That way, managers can keep the same
> > great aesthetics as typical desktop computers, but by selecting the
> > "Turn off face browser" feature it can be used for servers.
>
>       Hm... so do I get you right here... you suggest that in addition to
> having the option to simply turn off the face-browser (thus using the
> normal gdm-code which is in place already), it should offer mode of
> operation using fall-back photos not revealing _any_ actual user-photos
> (btw a fall-back photo will be used in the case of the face-browser
> being enabled and some user not having provided a photo for the
> face-browser)? If that's the case, this would be a bit odd and not make
> much sense :)
>
> Please explain your idea a bit more in detail.

Well, it was an after thought, that you could keep a similar look by
simply swapping out the faces for a single image that is just as
attractive and maybe shares similar characteristics to the face-browser
itself.

--
Chuck Huber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>