On Nov 22, 2007 9:35 PM, Cory K. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Nodoka is a unnessary fork of Murrine and shouldnt be used. Everything
> done in Nodoka can be done in Murrine or is just a couple of added lines
> of code.

You might well be right, but it seems the Fedora guys thought a fork
was necessary:
>From http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Interviews/MartinSourada
The question asked why they forked Murrine
"At first I thought we'd use Clearlooks as an engine, but as time went
on, I got a completely different idea of how it should look and
Murrine engine was the closest. There were however too much
differences, like glossy style, that needed tweaking in the engine
itself. We decided that the changes are too much for us to expect that
they'd be accepted to Murrine. So, now I think I know that the
differences are too significant to merge with Murrine, we removed a
lot of original code and added a lot of ours, the engines went
different ways, if we'd try to merge, it would lead to losses in
rendering speed."

Cimi (who wrote Murrine) used to read this list - Are you there Cimi -
do you have a comment on this?

Who