Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 February 2008 17:14:04 Andrew Laignel wrote:
>
>> Maybe it is possible to put a minimal theme package on the cd and a
>> 'full' version in the repo's as an update so as soon as they do a system
>> update the new one downloads and installs?
>>

> In the end it comes down to how much space is on the CDs, something that is
> beyond our control. If possible perhaps we could add a package but I think we
> would have to be pretty convincing :-)

What I mean is to have the package on the CD consist only of the current
wallpaper (and maybe make it theme too), but have an updated version of
the package flagged automatically in synaptic so as soon as any updates
are done it updates to the 'full' version (which would have all the new
stuff).

I am not sure the specifics of the package manager so I don't know how
it would be done (or even if it's practical) but it shouldn't take any
more space than it already does.