Álvaro Medina Ballester wrote:
> If Ubuntu is going to lead GNU/Linux revolution, let's start thinking
> some things, lets make some specifications, let's design a new gui for
> gnome and let's help gnome's team to develop it!
>

> I'm glad to know that there are a lot of people interested in this :)
>

> Cheers!

I'll try to reply to the rest tomorrow - gotta go to bed now.  I totally
agree though and have been thinking about a similar idea for a few
months now.  Basically design a mockup system of the ultimate desired
system, complete with menus, software and detailed documentation on
behaviour, and more importantly, reasons for this behaviour.

It seems quite a lot of developers use a closed source version as a
reference when creating a FOSS version.  I believe that the open source
community would benefit massively from a 'virtual distro' which could
appeal to the creative types normally excluded from the development
process and provide a bridge between usability and code.  It would also
apply the 'many eyes' theory to UI design and provide an alternate place
for developers to get ideas from.