On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 5:24 PM, Rico Sta. Cruz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Re: min-max-close buttons:
> They're a bit fixed on the Dust-2 attachment in the wiki page. However,
> they're still not proper min-max-close buttons. Gotta make better ones...
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/DustTheme
>
> Btw, I did the wallpaper (and the Dust concepts). I'm glad someone likes it
> :) Any more feedback on how Dust can be improved?
>

> Best regards,
> Rico
>

> Mr.doob wrote:
> >
> >> i thought it's perhaps worth drawing attention to the 'public'
> >> appreciation of the Dust theme mockups:
> >>
> >>        http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/12479/
> >>
> >>        http://www.lunduke.com/?p=116
> >>
> >> both of the above URL's had around 1.5k diggs and no less than 200
> >> comments.
> >> there is some worthy criticism/commentary in those threads. clearly Dust
> >> is a direction worth following.
> >>
> >> the first mockup didn't grab me all that much but this is certainly
> >> going places, save perhaps the folder icons themselves (which look a
> >> little stale, IMO. maybe it's that the grey in the 'dusty' window BG is
> >> pulling in the grey from the folders too much, flattening them out):
> >>

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/DustTheme?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=ibexconcept.jpg
> >>
> >> cheers!
> >> --
> >> julian oliver
> >> http://julianoliver.com
> >>

> > Hello hello!
> >
> > New guy on the block, take it as my presentation email. I doubt I'll
> > be able to start helping for this cycle, but I'll try to give it a
> > hand wherever I can. I wonder if someone could point me in the right
> > direction in order to get started on this? Like an app to build your
> > own theme? Btw... I'll try to don't top-post, but I think you guys
> > should consider if it's really worth the rule (I'm not aware of the
> > logic behind it, I guess it's because it's "easier" to follow the
> > conversation, which is something arguable).
> >
> > Ok, neither I know how can I reply to an email that was sent to the
> > list BEFORE I subscribed to it, so I'll try faking it, hope it
> > works....
> >
> > Julian, first of all, it's great to see guys like you (amazing
> > projects) around here, and second... that wallpaper is brilliant! I
> > would really like to see something along those lines on the default
> > wallpaper, did you do it?
> >
> > Also, whoever is working on this Dust theme, maybe you should be
> > careful on how much margin/padding the top/right panel has. I'll put
> > two links to illustrate my point:
> >

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/DustTheme?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=ubuntudust.jpg
> >

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/DustTheme?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=dust-color-1b.png
> >
> > The original mock-up had the close button nicely aligned with the
> > corner of the window. The working theme didn't follow that and it
> [...]

I like the dust theme very much, but as mentioned in the wiki it might be
too dark. using a dark theme on a laptop with screen brightness on low is
not so nice and laptops are clearly something to consider. Personally i
think having a bit more colour full theme wouldn't hurt ubuntu, something
that looks fresh and fun, I do love that ibex wallpaper, it is amazing.