On Sat, 2010-04-10 at 08:45 -0700, j_baer wrote:

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JohnBaer/SandBox

OK, so this is meant to be an audience-facing page, unlike the entire
rest of the Artwork wiki section? What do you think should be the
path/name in the end?

> - Is the general format Ok? I removed the Artwork banner as it did not seem
> to fit.

I think it is not OK for anything living under
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork to get rid of the navigation header
(except _maybe_ for pages below a central project page, with their own
navigation header).

> - The "logo" is my attempt to blend with the new Ubuntu look (e.g. "fish")
> assuming the appearance of the wiki will not change. Other ideas are
> welcomed.

If you really want to match the new look, you should fill the shape and
not use outlines. the fish tails are not convincing and the eyes are a
bit large.

The wide tracking on "Themes" is brutal and entirely unnecessary.

> If this designed is agreed, I hope the respective authors will supply screen
> shots and text. Otherwise I will do the best I can. : )

Comments seem out of place on such an overview.

Perhaps there should be separate links to wiki page and Launchpad (or
other download) per theme.

We really should have infrastructure that generates pages like that.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/