Not as far as I'm concerned.
Why couldn't the controls have stayed where they were and the "Windicators" put
to the left of it? I mean to the immediate left, but on the right hand side.

Look up at the top bar, the indicator applet isn't it the extreme right, the
shutdown icon is.
For the consistency the Windicator applet shouldn't be the extreme right the
shutdown (ie close) button should be