> Sergey,
>
> This is great. There is certainly no reason why we can't do our part to
> reduce paper cuts. Ivanka blogged about it
> http://design.canonical.com/2010/11/paper-cuts-need-you/ here .
>
> Thoughts on the best approach?
>
> John

Rebranding will require tweaks to the engine, so I guess I will figure out
what exactly we need, then contact Frank Lichtenheld and ask him if he can
do it. I can already say that we'll need to add header and footer, remove
">>" from breadcrumbs and so on.

I guess this website falls into "Project" category in the header, but
guesses aren't reliable enough, whom can I ask about this?

The design challenges we must face are:

   1. There are no guidelines for sidebars and the package info pages use
   them (e.g. see
   http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/plymouth-theme-ubuntu-logo), we'll
   have to either make up some or get rid of the sidebar (and I prefer the
   latter).
   2. Quick search has a dropdown list in which one can choose the area to
   search (package names, descriptions, package contents etc.), and it's not
   clear how to migrate this to the new quick search box design. Same for "all
   options" link.
   3. On the main page we need to present 3 equally important alternatives
   clearly. I have failed to do that for another website in the past. Any
   ideas?
   4. Less notable things like section navigation in top right corner, which
   I can't recall now.

I'll make some mockups in code as soon as the unified Ubuntu CSS is released
(or maybe even before that if I have time).

P.S. http://fridge.ubuntu.com/ also needs rebranding and a new logo, I
suppose.

Respectfully,
--