On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 15:02 -0700, Charlie Kravetz wrote:

> Since the windows and background and panels in Xfce can all be themed
> separately, this complicates it. Even when using the default Albatross
> theme in Lucid 10.04, the window borders and panels were black, but the
> window backgrounds were very light, since that is more difficult to
> change from the Xfce defaults and requires extensive gtk theme changes.

For the wallpaper specification we need to define the colors used in the
panel and windows. These should be evaluated in light of the intended
message (lightness, performance).

Icons likely to appear on the desktop need to be identified.

Note that creating/choosing the wallpaper first, to then adjust the
panel and window colors is a valid approach, too.

The question is, can you change those colors and how late in the game
can you do so, then?

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: