On Mon, 2010-12-20 at 08:25 -0700, Charlie Kravetz wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:25:54 +0300
> Сергей <shnat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > > Well there is the next logical idea, to make the backgrounds look like the
> > > website backgrounds.
> > >
> > I don't like it. Software center should look as native and desktop-ish as
> > possible. I like the way it's done in Unity Maverick, but I also understand
> > that it's not an option for Natty. So if I were the one to decide I'd look
> > at Unity and make Software Center as similar as possible. On the other hand,
> > Unity's look for Natty is not yet finalized and it's too early to copy it
> > yet.
> >
> > Respectfully,
> > --
> > Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff
>
> If it looks like unity/Ubuntu, what about the rest of the derivatives
> that also include it? Kubuntu/Xubuntu/Edubuntu all use this Software
> Center. Would it not be better to be a little bit neutral?
>
> - --

It is called "Ubuntu Software Center" , whether it is present in any
other derivative or not. ;-)

AFAIK, there are no plans to allow renaming the "Ubuntu Software Center"
when it's available in the derivatives.

Looking like Unity/Ubuntu does not mean using only the Ubuntu colors, as
I mentioned my idea was about the patterns, which to a user is not a
huge change when seen in the derivatives.

If the derivatives feel strongly about it, they could over-write the
images. And rebrand the app accordingly..

--
Cheers,
Vish