That's rather odd. Rhythmbox should have a DAAP plugin that is installed
by default, that can either share or browse DAAP shares. You do need to
enable it in the Plugins window. Also, if you have a home server and you
want to share music from it, I recommend installing Tangerine on the
server to do your DAAP sharing; it's lighter than running Rhythmbox and
it can be done on a headless server :-)

Whatever you do, don't try to fix the problem by upgrading to Karmic.
DAAP and DLNA support is completely, totally and utterly broken in
Karmic, all servers and all clients (well... I haven't tried Mediatomb
as the server or Banshee as the client yet).