On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 12:00 +0000, Bob Weis wrote:

> Why not use the medium? Do an agreed content mailout to everybodies
> address books with encouragement to recipients to do the same. Viral
> marketing
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Bob Weis
> >
> > Yes Scott, we need to start at the grass roots level, given the
> > resources available to Ubuntu-au.
> >
> > I subscribe to the ubuntu-marketing email list
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-marketing
> > and they talk about this stuff all of the time.
> >
> > The Danish loco team recently had a stall in a shopping centre, giving
> > demos to shoppers.
> > This is the type of thing is what we need to do.
> > http://compadre.dk/blog/2009/11/15/ubuntu-live-in-arhus
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Andrew.

Resorting to chain mail to spread word of Ubuntu? Sorry. All chains stop
here. We don't want to sully Ubuntu's reputation.

Actually on the subject of the Danish loco team, I've been thinking of
having a stall at the Joondalup Festival in April showing off Ubuntu and
giving away CDs. The details for prospective stallholders are not
available yet but should be shortly, so I currently don't know how much
it would cost me (especially since we'd need electricity for the event
too).

I'd need another volunteer from Perth to help me man the stall.

I'm willing to dig my own money into this (depending on how much it
costs) but if Canonical could help in any way that would be fantastic.

If I can't get another Perth Ubuntu user involved I'd try and reach out
to other distro communities to make it a general Linux stall.

Chris.