I really should check my spelling before I post:-(

Cary

Cary Bielenberg <c...@bielenberg.id.au> wrote ..

If memory servers me correctly I installed the linux-firmware-nonfree to get
the driver support for the kernel.

Cary

James Beake <jamesbe...@moonmarsh.com> wrote ..   I've had a similar experience
with two netbooks (dell mini 9 and hp 1000). Honestly I can't say I did
anything to fix it but they are both working fine now. Maybe I managed to get
some updates that fixed the problem for my hardware. Anyway, I don't have a
solution for you but I can offer a tip to hopefully get you on the path to a
solution. Other team members may have more insight on this and I welcome their
input.   1. Run the "dmesg" command, and look for any error messages related to
your wifi card. 2. Cut and paste the text of the error into you favourite
search engine  3. Look for Lauchpad bug reports in the search results. 4. Check
out any bug reports you find.  You will hopefully find some details on the
error and sometimes people post workarounds. At the very least, you can usually
get some info on the current state of the bug.  Happy hunting.  James On 19 May
2010 17:53, Norm, VK3XCI <vk3...@aanet.com.au> wrote: OK,
 I've just put 10.04 netbook edition on my eeePC 701SD. Surprise surprise, the
wireless doesn't work! I can see my wireless network, but when I try to connect
the icon indicates that it's trying, just never succeeds. I'm running WEP
shared key (Iknow, I know... it's the lowest common demoninator for some OLD
hardware). The hardware is realtek RTL 8187SE.  Anyone got a clue?   --      73
de Norm, VK3XCI Mildura, Australia The Wintersun City QF15bt.  -- ubuntu-au
mailing list ubuntu-au@lists.ubuntu.com