Thanks for that Peter, always helpful.

I just updated to 14.10 yesterday without a hitch, no big changes just a
lot of little ones it seems. Handy to hear about Mac specific ones as well
as I've just had to buy a Mac for study as I'm changing workplaces and
don't get my own laptop any more. I'll have to have a look into that, I
have the partitions all set up ready to dual boot just haven't gotten
around to installing Ubuntu yet.

Regards,

Jared Norris
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jarednorris