On 8 November 2015 at 18:10, David <da...@kvr.com.au> wrote:

> > There are still lots of things we can do, but we need to encourage more
> people to get involved.
>
> What sort of things can we do?
>
> ---
>
> *David*

Good question David, there are many things anyone in the team can do. The
main reason LoCos exist is to promote Ubuntu within the LOcal COmunity
(hence the name - LoCo). Some ways of doing this that pop to mind are:
* working with local LUGs (or other clubs/groups) to promote, distribute
and educate  members and the public about Ubuntu
* organising regular local catch ups (often referred to as "Ubuntu Hours")
* organising a release party
* arranging to get tables at events and conferences to share Ubuntu
* setting up an installation festival to help new users set up Ubuntu on
their device
* holding an event to get a group of Ubuntu contributors together locally
to do some bug squashing, documentation, localisation, etc.

Most of these types of events have been run in the past within the
Ubuntu-AU team so if you're not sure about them feel free to ask, someone
will no doubt pipe up. The LoCo has the resources to help publicise the
event but each event has generally been thought of, organised and run by an
individual or small group of volunteers in a particular area.

So if you're interested in doing one of these things start having a think
about it and let the team know and gauge interest, you might even find
someone else to pitch in and help out.

For those who would like further information or inspiration I'd recommend
reading the following links:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto#Things_your_LoCo_can_do
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamKnowledgeBase#LoCo_Activities